We work with schools and community organizations to reach young people (age 12-30) who are 'natural helpers'—those who others naturally turn to for support.
Our training supports natural helpers to:
- Understand mental health and suicide, and reduce stigma
- Learn how to help peers work through problems
- Support a peer in crisis
- Identify adults to talk to when someone is in distress
- Get familiar with local health and social service providers
- Learn and practice self care
Our core program involves nine learning modules. Delivery can be flexible to suit the needs of your school community. Find out what we can do in your local area.
I found the program incredibly helpful and insightful...I feel much better prepared to help someone that might be going through a tough time.
—Participant, Community Helpers