Our team of health promotion facilitators works in partnership with school authorities across Alberta. We use the comprehensive school health framework to help make schools healthier places for students and staff to learn, work, play, and grow.
We support school authorities and schools to:
- Assess health-related strengths and challenges
- Identify school health priorities based on data, student voice, and traditional wisdom
- Find evidence-based school health strategies and resources
- Develop and implement school health action plans
- Share stories and learn from each other through wellness collaborations at the local, regional, and provincial level
- Support AHS professional learning presentations, workshops, and facilitated conversations
- Connect with local AHS health professionals and others in the community that support school wellness
- Get advice on funding opportunities and grant applications
- Infuse wellness into policies, procedures, and education plans
Not sure how to reach the health promotion facilitator for your school authority? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll connect you.