Parents and caregivers often look to teachers and school staff for advice about raising healthy kids and teens.
Alberta Health Services offers and promotes quality resources for families. We welcome and encourage school staff to share our materials in e-newsletters, blogs, and other school communications.
Our monthly articles offer practical advice for parents and caregivers of kids in elementary school (grades K-6) and teens in junior or senior high school (grades 7-12). Check out our featured articles, or browse by topic.
For families with children:
For families with teens:
Our websites are based on the latest information about healthy child and youth development. Use them to support parents and caregivers at all ages and stages.
Alberta Health Services:
- Back to school health: Family resources
- Healthy Parents, Healthy Children
- Help in Tough Times
- Indigenous Health
- Teaching Sexual Health: Parent Portal
Government of Alberta:
Virtual education sessions
Alberta Health Services Community Education Service provides free public education sessions for parents and caregivers, with a focus on child and youth wellness. During the COVID-19 pandemic, live webinars can be viewed on a computer, smartphone, or tablet. Pre-recorded sessions are available too.
These upcoming sessions may be of interest to families in your school community:
- September 19: Screen time & teen mental health
- September 21: The gift of gratitude: Creating gratitude jars
- September 27: Words Matter! Supporting children and youth throughh the lens of Mental Health Literacy
- October 5: Effective communication with teens
- October 11: Earth play: The benefits of outdoor exploration