Our program delivers immunizations to students in grades 1, 6, and 9 while they're at school.
Like all routine childhood immunizations in Alberta, school immunizations are free of charge. They're offered by public health nurses and aligned with Alberta's routine immunization schedule. Our program protects against vaccine-preventable diseases at the safest and most effective ages:
- Students in grade 1 are offered any routine childhood vaccines they may have missed.
- Students in grade 6 are offered human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine and hepatitis B (HBV) vaccine.
- Students in grade 9 are offered diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis (whooping cough) (dTap) vaccine and meningococcal conjugate (groups ACYW-135) vaccine (MenC-ACYW).
Teachers and school staff are our partners in school immunization. We encourage all adults to help reduce the spread of disease by keeping their immunizations up-to-date.View list of adult immunizations!
For more information about our program:
- Visit ImmunizeAlberta.ca
- Go to Commitment to Comfort for resources to support a positive immunization experience.
- Use the Alberta Health Services Find Healthcare Tool
- Select “Search by Facility Type” and choose “Public Health Centres” from the drop-down menu