Our team of public health nurses works closely with school communities to support health. Our program is often the first point of contact between Alberta Health Services and schools.
We offer these services:
- Routine immunizations for students in grades 1–9, as part of the school immunization program
- Monitoring and response to communicable disease outbreaks in schools
- Assessments or referrals for health concerns
- Expert advice and practical ideas to take action on school health
- Help with building partnerships between school communities and local health and social services
Many of our team members are working to support the COVID-19 pandemic response in Alberta. To find out about current school health nursing services available in your area, contact your nearest Public Health Office or Community Health Centre.
To find your local office:
- Dial 811 (Health Link)
- Use the AHS Find Healthcare Tool
- Select “Search by Facility Type” and choose “Public Health Centres” from the drop-down menu